IIT-JEE Exam Pattern :
- Two Question papers which would consist of three section of physics,mathematics and chemistry.
- The test paper have negative marking of incorrect answer
- The candidates who are interested to join in B.Arch and B.Des they have to qualify the aptitude test which is conducted at each counseling institute and then call for the counseling. the test will consist of two papers or two sets and each of two hours from 10:00 am to 12:00 p.m and from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
- Those candidates are belonging to GN ,OBC and DS categories must secure at least 60% marks.
- For SC,ST and PD Categories must secure 55 % marks.
- You can attempt jee only twice,in following year.after qualifying in jee exam ,if you have accepted admission by paying full fee at any of the iit institute,then you will not be eligible to write jee entrance exam.
Reservation For different categories:
1. SC/ST Candidates:
- In iit’s 15% & 7.5% reserved for SC/ST candidates in any programme.some candidates belonging to these categories that do not qualify in jee,may be offered admission to the preparatory coursesof one-year duration provided based on below.
- candidates satisfy minimum norms
- candidates have not undergone the preparatory course earlier.
After completing the preparatory course then they can take directly admission in first year of next acedemic year.for more details, please refer to the information brochure or iit websites.
2. OBC Candidates :
- 27 seats are reserved for OBC candidates belonging to non-creamy layer in each programme in all the iit’s. those candidates who belonging to this category are admitted on the basis of relaxed criterion.
3. Person With Disability:
- 3% seats are reserved in each categories (GE,OBC,SC & ST) for physical disability
New Pattern jee Highlight :
- Two Exams are JEE Mains followed by JEE Advance
- Time gap between these two exams will be two to three weeks.
- JEE Main which is equivalent to AIEEE and will be conduced by CBSE, JAB and JIC will also support in this.
- JEE Advance which is equivalent to IIT JEE will be conducted by IITs (JAB and JIC); with the same composition as at present
- Only top 1,50,000 students including all categories from JEE Main will be able to appear in JEE Advance
- Students who come in top 20 percentile in their board can only give the exams.
- Admissions to IITs will be based only on category wise All India Rank (AIR) in JEE ADVANCED
Admission in other deemed universities who take admission on the basis of AIEEE will be based on JEE Main exam. Min %age criteria will be fixed for these too.
Final Decision is pending. Still few IIT Faculties are questioning the requirement of changing to new pattern.
Eligibility of New Pattern :
- 1. Eligibility for appearing in IIT JEE exam to be changed from current 60% marks to percentile rank. JAB has to release the cut-off rank after declaration of boards result.
- 2. Counselling and allotment should be held jointly with NITs and IIITs