Law is a system of rules and guidelines which are enforced through social institutions to govern behavior, wherever possible. Laws are made by governments, and nowadays more specifically, by parliaments. It shapes politics, economics and society in numerous ways and serves as a social mediator of relations between people.
The Greek philosopher Aristotle declared, “The rule of law is better than the rule of any individual”.
Main Courses of Law :
1. Master of Laws (LL.M)
2. B.A., LL.B. (Hons.)
3. M.Phil (Master of Philosophy)
4. Ph.D. – Doctor of Philosophy
5. LL.D. – Doctor of Laws
6. L.L.M – Master of Laws
7. Master of Comparative Law (M.C.L.)
8. Diploma in Taxation Laws
9. Master in Labour Laws and Labour Welfare (MLL & LW)
10.P G Diploma in Cyber Law
11.Bachelor of Policy Science B.P.Sc.(Hons.)
12.Doctor of Civil Laws (D.C.L.)
13.Postgraduate Diploma Course in Securities Law
- B.A. L.L.B: This is a 5-year course and the students can pursue this course after passing Class 12.
- L.L.B.: This is a 3-year course, open for graduates.
- L.L.M.: This is a postgraduate course in Law. The duration of the course is 2year. Students can pursue this course after completing B.A. L.L.B. or L.L.B.
- In addition to LL.B. degree, many universities and institutes also offer other diploma courses in several disciplines of law, including Administrative Law, International Law, Labor Laws, Tax Laws and Corporate Laws.
Top Law Colleges :
|Rank||College Name||City||Total Seats||cut-off|
|1||NLSIU, (Est: 1988)||Bangalore||Seats: 80||Ent.test|
|2||NALSAR, (Est: 1998)||Hyderabad||Seats: 80||Ent.test|
|3||NLIU, (Est: 1997)||Bhopal||Seats: 80||Ent.test|
|4||Symbiosis Law College, (Est: 1977)||Pune||Seats: 200||Ent.test|
|5||ILS Law College,(Est: 1924)||Pune||Seats:240||Merit|
|6||Faculty of Law, BHU (Est: 1916)||Banaras||Seats:275||Ent.test|
|7||Faculty of Law, (Est: 1924)||Delhi||Seats:1500||Ent.test|
|8||Government Law College||Mumbai||Seats:___||Ent.test|
|9||Faculty of Law,Univ.(Est: 1976)||Chandigarh||Seats:360||Ent.test|
|10||Amity Law School,(Est: 1999)||Delhi||Seats:80||60 %|
|11||University Law College,(Est: 1948)||Bangalore||Seats: 80||85%|
|12||Uni. Institute of Legal Studies,(Est: 1956)||Chandigarh||Seats:150||Ent.test|
|13||Bharati Vidyapeeth New Law,(Est:1983)||Pune||Seats:40||Ent.test|
|14||KLE Societyâ€™s Law College,(Est: 1976)||Bangalore||Seats:115||Written|
|15||Faculty of Law, Lucknow Univ.,(Est: 1921)||Lucknow||Seats:320||Ent.test|
|16||University College of Law,(Est: 1918)||Hyderabad||Seats:160||written|
|17||Army Institute of Law,(Est: 1999)||Mohali||Seats:80||Ent.test|
|18||Gopaldas Jamatmal Advani Law,(Est:1977)||Mumbai||Seats:320||Ent.test|
|19||MS Ramaiah College of Law,(Est:1995)||Bangalore||Seats:70||55%|
|20||Bangalore Inst. of Legal Studies,(Est:1993)||Bangalore||Seats:80||60%-70%|